April 10, 2017

TRANSFER: Former LMU Goalkeeper Paul Blanchette Signs First Pro Contract with PEPO in Finland

Photo: LMU Soccer Web-Site
Former Loyola Marymount University goalkeeper Paul Blanchette signed with Finnish side PEPO Lappeenranta.

I missed this back in January......Paul Blanchette, 22 year old goalkeeper, a two-time WCC Goalkeeper of the Year, who hails from Palo Alto, California has joined PEPO who play in Kakkonen the third tier in Finland. 

In an interview for LMU's Official web site Paul stated
"It feels amazing to sign my first contract," said Blanchette. "A dream come true. I never thought I would have the opportunity to play in Europe professionally. Through soccer and class I was able to develop, and now use the skills I've learned to help me reach this point in my career. My education at LMU has allowed me to have a better understanding of the world helping me in my international adventures."
PEPO's first game of the 2017 season is on April 22nd at Klubi-04 - we hope to see Paul on the roster

Congrats to Paul on joining PEPO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment