February 3, 2016

TRIALS: Alonzo Clarke Trialing with Djurgarden in Sweden + Video

Photo: dif.se
18 year old defender Alonzo Clarke is in Sweden, trialing with Djurgarden. According to dif.se Alonzo will be with the team for a three week trial. This would not be Alonzo's 1st trial, in 2014 he was with Manchester United.
In the dif.se interview Alonzo stated that;
"I have been playing at center-back, full-back and also as defensive midfielder so I'm pretty versatile as a player, says Alonzo but preferably is in the back line."
"I prefer to play as a defender but like the coach that I do best from me in another position, I'm always flexible. But the most important thing is always to go out and run hard, fight for the team and make an impression on the field."
On the weather;
 "I just have to adjust to some things and I am thinking mainly on the weather. I'm used to the cold because I come from Washington DC but this was a little colder than expected"
Alonzo is the son of Jamaican International striker Alambi Clarke Sr, was born in the US and moved to Jamaica until he was 6 years old and now calls Washington DC his home

On International call-up;
I've been called a few times to US youth national teams but could not attend. So at the moment I can still play for both the United States and Jamaica because I have not made my first international yet. Hard to say what I would choose if the opportunity pops up but perhaps the US national team a better shop window if you want to show off. Currently, it is in any case nothing that I can think about.

article translated from Swedish - dif.se

0 comments:

Post a Comment